General Category > General Discussion

Green Light update

(1/5) > >>

catchnedge:
Hi all, been a while since I've been active on here. You may remember a few years back I sold the fleet. Then I acquired the CVX-18 and had it for a year. It was a great boat, but determined not exactly what I wanted going forward and sold it. Long story short... I ended up re-acquiring both my Surflite and CV-16 back. I know. The Surflite is just like it was except I replaced the hardtop headliner. The CV-16 needed some work. I've been busy last several months with it. I had previously sold off the original 115 Merc as it had issues. So I've been looking for a good replacement. Really wanted a 115, but this 90 came along... compression 135 across the board, cosmetically was excellent and it was the right price. So, bought the donor boat and had the 90 installed. Just got it back home this weekend. Time to get things back together. Making progress, thought I would share some pics.

Hyperacme:
Boat looks great Mark ..
Have you found green vinyl ?
Guessing that's a 1986 to 1988 three trim ram, ADI, powerhead HP rated 90 HP motor.
Baystar and lift motor to highest setting should get over 50 mph/gps

Steve did the old decals on newer motor  8)

Plugcheck:
Glastrons are a hard habit to break, welcome back Mark.  The 16 looks great.

catchnedge:
Gregg, thanks. No vinyl needed, seats are intact. The engine is a 1986 ELPTO... last year for the 6 cyl 90hp. Your chart confirms prop rated and ADI!! Oil injection has been removed. I'll be mixing and using portable tanks. I haven't lake run it yet, so looking forward to that. We'll see what it does with the current 19p, guessing I'll be needing to find a Laser II 21p or similar. Will run as is for now, but might try to make it look period correct later on as that sure looks nice.

Plugcheck... thanks!

carlsoncvx18:
Welcome back Mark.  Your cv16 looks awesome hope to sea it in person someday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version