Author Topic: cvx-18 exhaust  (Read 65543 times)

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
Re: cvx-18 exhaust
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2011, 10:15:43 PM »
It's basically a bi-metal coil in a small metal housing and it's supposed to have a metal link rod with it to connect to the choke lever on the carb.

here's a pic
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2011, 11:12:14 AM »
It's basically a bi-metal coil in a small metal housing and it's supposed to have a metal link rod with it to connect to the choke lever on the carb.

here's a pic

Thanks, I do have that part installed now. I had took it off to paint the intake. Then when I was running it I realized I didn't put it on.

Glastron_GT160, I didn't mean for that to be insalting when I say that. I just simply like how on this site I can count on some opinions and response. On the national site I haven't got any... maybe its because nobody knows me? Not sure. You guys here just seem more welcoming,and seem to check/ be more involved.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:29:24 AM by Shrom CVX-18 »
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2011, 08:10:50 PM »
Just thought I would throw on a few pictures that I took from the day I had it running.
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline CVX Fever

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
You even pull that CVX18 w/Chevy truck! I knew there was a reason I liked you! ;D

If you had started posting on the national Glastron site like me 7 years ago you'd realize how lame it has become. I've been waiting too long for it to come back to what it once was.  We can only hope!....LOL
1979 CVX18 "Back in Black"....someday!
1985 CVX18 " Only thing better than 2 CVX18's is 2 girlfriends!

Offline MarkS

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2011, 11:09:07 AM »
I started to reply, but I'd better keep my comments to myself.  I like both sites, personally.  They're different "atmosphere's", but that's what makes life interesting.............. ;)

Mark
1978 SSV-176

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
I think the national CGOA site is coming back more and more...I think as long as everyone continues to play nicely there it will only continue to grow.

I personally hang on both sites.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2011, 11:22:40 AM »
agreed.  I did not mean for what I said to be a bash on the site, sorry to anyone that I may have offended. Life goes on.

CVX Fever,   you better believe its a Chevy...lol only way I roll when it comes to trucks,they have to be manual too.   8)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:24:51 AM by Shrom CVX-18 »
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline V153

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2011, 03:47:05 PM »
I think the national CGOA site is coming back more and more...I think as long as everyone continues to play nicely there it will only continue to grow. I personally hang on both sites.
As should we all Doran. For what it's worth CGOA went through a 'meltdown' of sorts a few years ago. Several people were angry over certain rules & regulations, etc. Fights ensued & fingers were pointed in a lot of directions. Then the site went dead. Along with hundreds of priceless pictures of restos, tons of advice, etc.

Well it's hard to lay blame I s'pose. And why bother. Better we all try to make the 'new' site a better place? Only take ya a couple clicks.
'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2011, 03:56:47 PM »
" Better we all try to make the 'new' site a better place? Only take ya a couple clicks. "

A site is only as good as it's members make it !
I think every one should support it.
You can never have enough Glastron/Carlson info !
Don't want to lose it like Carlsonspeed ...

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2011, 05:24:06 PM »
Once again. I am sorry. I have nothing more to say. I cant take back what I said and how I said it. I agree with what you guys are saying. Us members are the only ones that can make the site be a better place. 
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2011, 05:31:50 PM »
Wow, Shrom... Look what you started!!!  ;D maybe we should have started a thread about it! I agree with just about everyone to some degree. No, I don't think the sites should be divided. Yes, I believe there is much to be gained by all having more resources, experience, sharing photos, and so on. I do comment on threads there, post my own, and hang out to see what others are up to. The issue that I see being a potential problem is the same with that of some of the performance sites, of which some members hang out at both, so maybe they are just used to it, but, I see alot of threads with some closed minded outlooks from members, some opinions that are pushed as the only right answer, and the idea that because a member did something a particular way and it's worked so far, that it is the BEST way, regardless of anyone else's experience or education on the matter. I hate to see someone arguing their opinion to death in the hopes that it makes them right if everyone else gives up. I have seen some members step in to try to keep a positive environment going, and I think if that continues people will understand that some behaviors are not welcome. Overall, I think the site and the members are great, but perhaps with being a larger site, there is a more "mixed" crowd. Well, that's all I got!

Wonder if we should give Shrom his thread back... ;D
'79 CVZ-19 "convertible" w/Evinrude 175
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2011, 05:53:02 PM »
OK guys, I'll be putting my boat back in the garage tomorrow and the plan is to finish everything mechanically.
Engine alignment,
Mount the outdrive
Electronic distributor conversation kit,
New High performance coil,
Hook up that fuel hose that goes from the fuel pump to the carb.
and hopefully figure out why my temp is not showing up at the gauge. I put a new sending unit in and a the gauge is new. I did a test with hot water in a pan. I believe it to be a bad ground. When I hook up a wire straight to the batt. to the threads on the sending unit it reads a temp. I brought a pipe tape home from work to clean up the threads. I hope that does the trick.

Once I have all of that done, I will focus on getting that Hatch back on. If weather every goes back to being warm I'll get it out on the water. I'll probably be giving Steve a call to use the buddy system for the test.
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline Hotwired

• The Ship
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2011, 05:57:06 PM »
If weather every goes back to being warm I'll get it out on the water.

Holy crap .. it's nearly 100 deg down here in Phoenix.  Anyone want to go to the lake???  :o

Your rig sure looks great Shrom.  It's going to sound fantastic on the water.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:00:24 PM by Hotwired »
.. it is what it is ... and that is how it should be!
Miss Mayberry - 1964 Saberflite
The Ship - 1979 CV-27
Canon Ball Eyes - 1976 CV-16ssV8
Da ProJect Bote - 1977 CV-23
It Is What It Is...... CVX20

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2011, 06:05:19 PM »
If weather every goes back to being warm I'll get it out on the water.

Holy crap .. it's nearly 100 deg down here in Phoenix.  Anyone want to go to the lake???  :o

not so lucky here, we woke up to snow on the ground! Which I thought we were done with. We had a beautiful 70+ degree day a week ago, and I was gettin worked up for boating season. It'll be nice in a week or two...

Shrom, keep me posted, and let me know if you need an extra set of hands for anything this weekend. I'll just be toolin on the CVZ.
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2011, 06:11:16 PM »
Thanks!  yeah We had a week of beautiful spring weather. Then out of no where like Wex said it has been cold. Looked at the weather for next week and it looks like its going to start getting warmer from now on. I will keep you posted Wex. You are more then welcome to come hangout.  I keep thinking of things I would like to do to it...this list never ends.
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2011, 09:34:39 PM »
I keep thinking of things I would like to do to it...this list never ends.

You're not the only one. I told Dorelse I wasn't gonna do it, and just be happy with the stock 175, but I've already got a few parts on the way, and tracking down a few more. I think I'm gonna "boost" the 175 a bit for this year.  ::) if I do, I'll post it on my thread. I was real happy with how it ran last year, very dependable, and not too bad on top end as we were pretty closely matched. but if you're gonna take it up a notch, then I'll play too! I was gonna step up in prop this year anyway because of how much power I still had on tap, but with these mods, looks like I'll be going higher pitch yet. can't wait to see what your changes do for you. like I said, your cam part # is the same as the 228hp, and your carb is from a 260hp. so theoretically, it should at least put you over the 228 mark, which combined with your thru-hull, should be a very noticeable difference over the stock 198hp you had. I don't see any reason why we won't both be over the 60mph mark, and hopefully we are still pretty closely matched, just more fun that way when we're out playin! not to worry, my mods are simple bolt ons and swaps, won't hold me up for the season. when this crap weather breaks, I wanna be on the water just like you do!
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2011, 09:52:56 PM »
 ;D  Just picked up the 23p Raker for the 235 Johnson...so looks like we're both playing Wex!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »
;D  Just picked up the 23p Raker for the 235 Johnson...so looks like we're both playing Wex!

thatta boy! I was just gonna send you a text to see if you went to get it. hmm... might wanna borrow that one...  ;D
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »
That and the 21p I should find the right prop in there somewhere.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2011, 10:10:11 PM »
poor Shrom, we keep finding different agendas to step all over his thread with! ahh, such is life on forums I suppose. sorry Shrom!  ;D we'll talk about your boat, I promise!  ;)

just playin'... I'll  get ahold of ya tomorrow and see how it's goin.
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19