Author Topic: Lesson learned  (Read 1250 times)

Offline melinprov

Lesson learned
« on: September 19, 2020, 05:07:38 PM »
I was concerned about getting too far ahead of myself when I was rebuilding my V 179-I was careful...but.. when I rebuilt the front end to accommodate my new drainage system- I overbuilt the deck, thinking it would be stronger. When I went to put my gas tank under the front bow it would not clear by 1/8 of a inch. I ended up taking that portion of the deck down 3/4 of a inch with a router, and a hand plain, electric plane, files, oscillating tools and such tools. It was difficult because it was a 9 inch tall by 2 feet or so and 3 feet back space. at the end I was working blind because I could not look up. The first picture shows as far as I could get the tank in before removing the extra material, then 2 pictures of the space I was working in and then the finished job.

Offline melinprov

Re: Lesson learned
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 05:11:54 PM »
 That job took me 4 days- and in addition to that when I was done we had hurricane force winds that slowed me down and one day of snow. Winter soon-- this project lives at least one more year as I still have the engine apart and the drive out and some rewiring to do