Author Topic: SSV 167 rebuild  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Dr Marcuse

SSV 167 rebuild
« on: November 17, 2021, 11:25:17 AM »
Dear Glastroners
I'm Marcus from Germany and I cycled past this boat on my way to work for months wondering why the heck nobody cared for this cool vessel dying in a horse barn. So I inspected it and being bitten by the bug for a long time -  just had sold a finished old mahogany boat project- I just couldn't stop thinking of it. Having showed it to my son the same happened to him...
Guess how the story went on... it took one year to rebuild this rotten 25th anniversary edition, but we've enjoyed every minute of it and don't regret anything. We saved an icon, and I realised my personal Amercan Dream. Without the virus we couldn't have managed, but it helped us through the pandemic and there's still enough to do. Yet the boat hasn't disappointed our expectations at all and the whole family has enjoyed it tremendously. It's so much fun to ride.. 
This year we have taken it to all the rivers around as well as some Italian lakes in the Alps (Lago Maggiore, Lago di Garda). If you're interested in the project, just watch the youtube video of our restauration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxTzxp01Slc
Greetings, Marcus
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 11:43:47 AM by Dr Marcuse »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: SSV 167 rebuild
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 11:53:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum Doc !

Great boat .. Great rebuild !
Cool video ..
Must go pretty good with the new 115 HP ..

Is it a USA built boat ?
Would have a HIN on right side of stern if so ..
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 11:56:33 AM by Hyperacme »