General Category > General Discussion

Restoring my 76 GT-150

(1/13) > >>

leoisright:
Hello everyone.

First, thanks to all those before me that has posted anything and everything regarding the GT-150 and other models.  I've learned a lot and hope to bring an old girl back to life.

Last fall I stumbled across a 76' Bi-Centennial edition GT-150.  She was in rough shape and didn't know if it even ran.  I'll start uploading pictures as I go.  The plan is to keep it as original as possible.  This will take a few months to finish the interior so please be patient as I upload the progress.

I don't want to mess with the body too much.  I will eventually fill in the gelcoat with period correct gelcoat (I found some of the original colors still available).  if i can't replace like original or darn close.

leoisright:
Photos of the interior when I got it

leoisright:
After a little pressure washing and adding a new emblem on the hood :)

leoisright:
removed the carpet, side panels, and seats.  I'm going to look under the flooring in a few years.  It's solid across, no soft spots, and transom looks great on inside.  I'll worry about that restore at another time.  The engine runs strong so the plan was to get the interior done this year. I have to finish up the carpet and ski locker. 

One variation I am doing is making a Walnut ski locker door and Walnut dash panel.  I don't like the stickers.  Also adding GPS/Mapping/Structure scanning equipment (Lowrance HDS 10 w/structure scanning)

leoisright:
Time for the seats to be restored.  Will be new wood/foam/plastic/vinyl with custom pleating to keep it close to the original white w/blue piping and blue pleated stripes.  Unfortunately mine were shot!  This is where the money is being invested this year!  Ouch!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version