General Category > General Discussion

GT150 re-rebuild, or ?Take 2?

(1/11) > >>

thedeuceman:
And some of you recall the GT 150 ?our first boat? that I rebuilt in 2013 or 2014 and came back to us last year.
This is to be our small boat for this year.
Saturday I dug the transom in the bad part of the stringer out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

75starflight:
Unfortunately I will be doing the same with v179 and the incomplete CVZ18. I just have to find the time.

Its amazing what we learn from experience over time on how to do things the right way the second time around.  I am starting to believe this is why I completely stopped working on the CVZ several years ago.

I am weighing which way I would like to go composite board or marine grade ply. 

Hyperacme:
Composite this time ?
Some cool ideas for seats ...   8)

Plugcheck:
Far worse rot than I'd expect to see in that time frame.    How was it sealed last time around, has me worried that we've been doing it wrong all along?   My CVZ resto was only a few years younger, and the Timing was done the same way.    Thinking a composite build, seacast transom might be the way to go?

75starflight:

--- Quote from: Plugcheck on May 10, 2022, 02:09:34 PM ---Far worse rot than I'd expect to see in that time frame.    How was it sealed last time around, has me worried that we've been doing it wrong all along?   My CVZ resto was only a few years younger, and the Timing was done the same way.    Thinking a composite build, seacast transom might be the way to go?

--- End quote ---

Mike,

I believe that Joe and I both used a simple cabinet grade plywood on our builds at the time. Joe did the gt150 the year before I did my v179 and I pretty much followed his build on which materials I used. If my memory serves me correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version