Author Topic: New member with a Pickle Rocket !  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
New member with a Pickle Rocket !
« on: November 06, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
Chris (chrishieb) sent me some pictures of his CV16 ...

Chris wrote ...

Here's just a few pix. Boat had been stored for quite some time. Fiberglass was really good and I originally tried to buff it out but the metalflake was faded so I had that part re-gelcoated. You can see the differences between the first and final pictures. My winter project is to buff out the gelcoat and get it down to high gloss. Seats and interior bumpers have all been recovered...tuck and roll like the original. Engine is currently off. Was checked out....runs and has excellent compression. hope to get it in the water next spring. Thanks for your help. Chris.

AND ...

I have had all the decals reproduced. If you have a lead on carpet I would appreciate it. The indoor/outdoor stuff at the big box home improvement stores is close, but not quite the right color or texture. I'm intent on getting this back to as close to original as possible. Chris

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
Re: New member with a Pickle Rocket !
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 05:33:08 PM »
Chris, I love the color of your cv16! Nice to you saving the old girl and keeping her as close to original as possible. I have searching for original like carpet for years and have looked all over online, and samples sent to me, and checked with local suppliers and upulsters which all said "good luck". I just did my carpet and the stuff I got from HD matches the vinyl real well and in my opinion matches better than original. Best of luck in your restoration and keep us updated.
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O