Author Topic: Trouble :)  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Oldfishguy

• Donate members
Trouble :)
« on: November 10, 2014, 10:46:32 PM »
1979 Glastron Carlson CVX 20 Sprint
http://www.classicglastron.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10453

Selling my 79 Glastron. Boat is too big for the lake that I typically vacation on. Looking for something smaller. 1980 200HP Johnson runs great. Maintained by marina each season. Used only in freshwater. Could use some paint on the lower unit. Interior has driver seat and rear bench. A couple minor tears. New gauges, radio. I use this boat often so it has some scratches and dings, but overall the paint is still great. Topsides still sparkle. 2012 aluminum LoadRite trailer with low miles. Custom cover. Asking $6,000 OBO

Boat is in Suffolk, VA.

Funny how things work out sometimes,

Everyday last fall and winter I hunted for this boat and color combination in original condition . . . and now there it is.  Somebody LOVED this boat.  Nice clean and bright with some money thrown at it; trailer, guages and just overall upkeep.  I would have made a serious run at it this early spring, no doubt about it. 

But then one learns a few things along the way.  The seller is upfront with the thought that the boat is too big for their lake; I think I would have come to the same conclusion in time.  That 20 Sprint is a fire breathing machine that needs room to stretch out and RUN!  On the bodies of water I frequent  I would run out of room in a quick hurry.  Much the same, a saw a few CV23's this summer and thought if I was a day tripper to various lakes that would be my boat. 

So I ended up with the perfect boat for me, kind of by accident.  It is nice to have a little luck sometimes. 

And yet, I keep coming back to this add for a look;  I hope it sells to someone else soon.  :)       
1972 1/2 Glastron CV 16
1973 Chrysler 120

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: Trouble :)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 11:51:33 PM »
" Somebody LOVED this boat. "
YES ... They did !

" Boat is in Suffolk, VA."
Texas reg. numbers ?

Offline V153

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 06:02:39 PM »
Checked out the pics on CGOA. Looks like it's in decent shape. Though 6K sounds a lil pricey? Granted that's a nice trailer.

Too bad they riddled the hull with studs to snap the cover on. That's hideous. At the very least they coulda put 'em under the rub rail?
'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP

Offline Oldfishguy

• Donate members
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »
Checked out the pics on CGOA. Looks like it's in decent shape. Though 6K sounds a lil pricey? Granted that's a nice trailer.

Too bad they riddled the hull with studs to snap the cover on. That's hideous. At the very least they coulda put 'em under the rub rail?

Yup a bit pricey, $4500.00 maybe??  As a seller I don't blame the owner for trying though.  Pretty tough time of the year to sell a boat as well.  And then, all substructures are suspect at this point with our vintage boats. Looks like a good original base to start with though and one may get lucky and have a turn key machine. 

Now, if someone else would please buy this thing so I can get some sleep.  :)
1972 1/2 Glastron CV 16
1973 Chrysler 120

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 11:40:37 PM »
Would be the perfect size if you started boating on the St. Croix / Miss. rivers ... LOL
Sorry Dave ... I know that's not helping matters ...

BUT ... Now you know how I feel every time a CV like yours shows up ... LOL